But how? Law firms (like all of us) make many mistakes in marketing online. Law Crossing posted an article to help law firms in particular to boost their marketing efforts.
- Not using the internet to find clients– we should ALL be using the data we have freely at our fingertips!
- Not including practice area and location based keywords in target keyword phrases– if someone gets to your site and can’t figure out where you are and what you do in a matter of seconds, they will leave and go somewhere they can.
- Not having a Google Plus business page– the easiest way to increase exposure from searches (the searches are being done on Google, so taking advantage of Google SEO opportunities should be self-explanatory).
- Not engaging an audience on social media– build engagement with potential clients– a great way to set yourself apart when there are so many options.
- Blogging on the wrong topics– give your target audience relevant material, don’t just bombard them with irrelevant content.
- Not targeting synonyms and related keyword phrases– use both attorney AND lawyer, singular and plural!
- Not creating an AVVO profile– this is a legal directory with high authority in search, great for increasing traffic to your website and linking to specific attorneys.
- Not using video in your marketing efforts– they are much more personal than text (and Google owns YouTube, so videos will help your search ranking).
It is not an easy task to have great marketing for a law firm. But, many of these suggestions require a minimal amount of time and can go a long way.